Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella Reyna October 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

Kickball Kicks Off

A red ball rolls down a green runway. It collides violently with a grass-stained tennis shoe and the crowd is silent. The ball soars through the air, past the pitcher, across the infield, and clear over the outfielders’ heads. All runners score. The crowd explodes.

The first ever LISD Kickball Tournament now has an official date; mark your calendars for Saturday, March 23. The event will take place at the Vista Ridge Athletic Complex in Lewisville. There, teams consisting of 10 to 15 members will contend for a variety of awards, including the 1st place title for the entire district.

Perhaps the greatest part of this tournament comes from its origins. PediPlace, an organization that makes healthcare a reality for every child, will be receiving all proceeds from the competition. This tournament serves as a dual-purpose event– a fun day to compete and support a great cause.

One of assembled the Jag teams, Renegades and Hot Babes, looks to bring the title home to Flower Mound High.

“With outstanding athletic ability and charisma, we’re sure to dominate,” junior captain Chloe Harris said. “The ultimate goal is to win 1st, but we also want to beat our rivals at Edward S.”

With support from the school and their fellow classmates, the Jaguars prepare for their big game daily.

“I stretch and do breathing exercises often to enhance my game,” senior Tyler Dozier said. “We practice on our own; a secret technique we learned from the championship kickball team in Tibet.”

This tournament is exciting for the kids participating because it’s a sense of school spirit to have such a rare trophy. In addition to school awards, the event assures that LISD is the best in the state. The fundraiser benefits the community in a major way because PediPlace looks to reach out to every child in North Texas to provide healthcare.

So remember, on Saturday the 23 you should drive out to 2960 Lake Vista drive in Lewisville for the big tournament to support your fellow Jags. There is an award for school spirit, easily achievable for FMHS students.

The crowd explodes. The home team has tied it up in the last inning. All they have to do is score the runner on third base to win it all. There are two outs, and the visitor fans rattle the chain link fence. The batter steps up to the plate and fouls two balls off. The count is now two strikes with two outs. It’s all up to the batter now. That batter could be you.