Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella ReynaOctober 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

Running Over the Competition

Track season has finally come to an end for FMHS. This year’s athletes competed as a successful bunch; claiming first through third place at many competitions.

“This season, as a whole, continued to excite us till the end,” senior Justin McMillin said. “Overall it was a good year for the track team.”

This season, McMillin ran the 800-meter relay with an impressive time of 1:57, qualifying him for the singles regional competition. McMillin and his 4×800 relay team also ran in the state meet, and acquired the first place spot.

“It was an awesome experience to know I was the champ for both these events,” McMillin said. “Singles events were really self-gratifying, but working and winning as a team is also an experience to be proud of.”

McMillin owes most of his success to the support of his coaches and parents.

“It is amazing to watch Justin run,” McMillin’s mother, Erica, said. “Track has had such a positive impact on Justin not only athletically, but also academically.”

For McMillin, his success in the school’s track program has opened many doors for him. At the state meet his team set the regional record for the 4×800 with a time of 7:52.

Zachariah Hamstra, Drew McRae, Wesley Ward and I competed in the state competition,” McMillin said. “Our victory there was definitely the highlight of this track season for all of us.”

McMillin has big dreams of running track events at the collegiate level, and thanks to his participation and success this season, this dream will come true.

“Justin has been devoted to his training and dedicated to staying fit this season,” McMillin’s mother said. “He’ll attend the University of Texas next year.”

This record-breaking and gold medal bearing year for FMHS, and this season has set a new standard for the school.

“I’d like to thank all my coaches and teammates,” McMillin said. “The camaraderie and victories we’ve shared this year are the reasons I think everyone shall remember it.”

McMillin will graduate and take his skills to college next year. With this season behind him, he should feel the need to continue improving his speed, stamina, and breaking his own personal records.