Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella Reyna October 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

Cross Country has Good Showing at Regional

The Flower Mound High School Cross Country teams were in the regional championships this week and were looking to get some of their runners into the state championships.

As a team, the boys finished seventh out of 24 teams that were in the regional championships.

“I am very proud of what our boys did this week,” said head coach Andrew Cook. “They were putting up the best times that they have ran all year.”

Top finishers in the run were: junior Zachariah Hamstra 10th, senior Andrew McRae 19th, and senior Matthew Schleder 27th.

Zachariah qualified for state with his time of 15 minutes and 28 seconds and was very excited about representing his team in the state championships.

“This was the best run I have had all year,” said Zachariah. “It’s great that the run came on such an important occasion.”

The state championships will be in Austin, Texas and Zachariah will be the only representative for Flower Mound High School’s Cross Country team.

“I have complete confidence in Zach,” said Coach Cook. “No matter where he places, we will all be proud of his achievement.”

The state championships will be on November 24th, and the hopes of the cross country team will be on Zach’s shoulders.