Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella ReynaOctober 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

Lady Jags Claim Victory in Keller Tournament

The Lady Jags Freshman A team won the Keller Basketball Tournament held on November 15-17 at Keller High School.

Defeating Keller Timber Creek, Saginaw, and Grapevine each by 20 or more points, the team won all 3 games.

Top scorers of the tournament were freshman Spencer Smith with 41 points and freshman Bailey Rarick with 24 points. As a total the Freshman A team scored 140 points.

“I feel that everyone gave 100% and pushed it to limit so that we could achieve first in the tournament,” Smith said.

In addition the Jaguars shot 68% at the free throw line, and kept their fouling to a minimum. Top free throw shooters were Bailey Rarick with 58% and Gillian Manley with 50%.

“We have to improve on our basics, but I believe our team has tremendous talent,” Smith said.

Throughout the season, the Freshman A team has been consistently winning by 20 or more points.

“Because our team is used to winning every game by so much, I feel that we need to be prepared to go all out when we face tougher teams,” freshman Audrey Littlefield said.

In hopes of continuing their undefeated season, the Freshman A team will play McKinney Boyd on December 4.