Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella Reyna October 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

FMHS Swim Team Region 2-5A Meet and State Championships

Seven members of the swim and dive team participated in the state championships in Austin on February 22 and 23.

Senior Jenna Beaury placed 2nd in the 100-meter breaststroke, senior Alecia McGillivray placed 11th in the 500-meter freestyle, sophomore Kristin Whitaker placed 12th in the 50-meter freestyle, and sophomore Chase Sellers placed 14th in the 200-meter individual medley. The girls swim team placed 12th in the 200-meter medley relay.

Both the boys and girls swim and dive teams finished in second place at the Region 2-5A championships in Keller on February 9.

Seven new team records for the girls team were set while the boys team set three new team records in the Region 2-5A championships.

FMHS Swimming Coach Daniel Snow trained his athletes hard in preparation for the Region 2-5A and state championships.

“We practice twice a day, eat healthy, and get plenty of sleep in order to get ready for the state meet,” McGillivray said. “We know we have to attend every practice to perform well.”

Freshman Riley Archer, sophomore McKenzie Murphy, and sophomore Nicole Kimmey participated in the girls 200-meter medley relay.

“Swimming in a relay is different from individual races because there are three other people relying on you to place and do well,” Beaury said. “You have to do better than you normally do when you are swimming by yourself. Extra pressure is being put on you.”

The FMHS girls swim and dive team wrapped up this year’s competitions by placing 12th overall in the state championships.