Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella Reyna October 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

2013’s Best Television Shows

With many television networks on the air, students find it difficult to keep up with trending television shows. Ranging from intense crime shows to exploiting reality shows, students at FMHS have interest in a variety of TV series. As some series come to an end, viewers anticipate season premiers.

NCIS, a crime show now on its 11th season, was voted America’s favorite TV show. The show revolves around a team of special agents from the Naval Criminal Investigative Service that investigate crimes involving the US Navy and Marine Corps.

“NCIS is a crazy, thrilling show,” freshman Tess Hendry said. “The actors fit their characters perfectly.”

A reality show trending on A&E, Duck Dynasty, features the Robertson’s, a Louisiana bayou family. While operating a thriving multi-millionaire duck call business, they manage to stay true to their family values and lifestyle.

Duck Dynasty is easily the best reality show ever,” senior Michelle Hess said. “The Robertson family is so different from mine, but at the same time do a lot of the same things.”

A post-apocalyptic trend started the AMC dramatic horror show, The Walking Dead. In the show, Police officer Rick Grimes leads a group of survivors in a world overrun by zombies. Viewers anxiously await the start of the fourth season, expected to premiere later this year.

The makeup and costumes for the Walkers are so realistic,” freshman Bryant Grizzle said. “It’s what makes The Walking Dead better than other sci-fi shows.”

Although some television shows concluded many years ago, viewers continue to enjoy watching them.

That ’70s Show centers on the lives of teenage friends living in the town of Point Place, Wisconsin, during the 1970’s. It debuted on Fox, first airing on August 23, 1998 and continued for eight consecutive seasons.

That 70’s Show is really relatable even though it was set in the 70’s,” sophomore Ariel Eason said. “The friends on that show have the same sense of humor as my friends do.”

The final episode of That 70’s Show premiered on May 18, 2006. Since then, many television networks have been broadcasting reruns of the show.

I watch That 70’s Show reruns on TV every day after school,” freshman Nicole LeBlanc said. “I’ve seen every episode, and it never gets old.”

The popular television series, Friends, continues to be watched, seven years after the final episode. Similar to That 70’s Show, Friends focuses on a group of friends struggling with life on their own in Manhattan.

From the very first episode, premiered on September 22, 1994, viewers fell in love with the diverse personalities of the characters. Since then, the series has won many awards and was nominated for 63 Primetime Emmy Awards. Consistently ranking in the top ten in the final primetime ratings, many critics now regard it as one of the finest shows in television history.

I love how there is a character to match everyone,” freshman Walt Robertson said. “There are so many character types that everyone can relate to at least one of them.”

In addition to these shows, the upcoming summer season brings the season premieres of many shows which include Pretty Little Liars, Bones, Breaking Bad, and many more.