Christine Bolitho (right), Valme Alvarez and Adam Morrison each pose for a photo, excited to start teaching at Flower Mound. They all came from different backgrounds, but were ready to educate. “I guess you could say it’s my dream to come work in Lewisville because its such a good district,” Bolitho said.
A Warm Welcome
Nina Aitha and Isabella ReynaOctober 24, 2023

As each new school year begins and new students are welcomed, a wave of eager teachers are welcomed to Flower Mound as well. Teachers work tirelessly...

Golf Spring Preview

Last weekend the Jaguar golf team hosted their “Fast Freddy” Invitational Tournament at Bridlewood Golf Course. The Jags finished in third place and junior Wes Hunt came in fifth individually. Hunt shot a 76 on Friday, and a team low of 72 on Saturday.

“The team played very well, especially on the second day,” head golf coach David Self said.

The tournament hosted 20 teams from all over the metroplex, as well as all of the District 8-5A schools. The jags matched up well with the district teams they will have to play at the district tournament in March.

“On the first day we shot a 300, but the second day was much better,” Wes said. “I found my stroke and had a good round on Saturday to help the team finish the tournament in third place.”

Junior Valentin Staubli and senior Patrick Doran also performed well on Saturday with scores of 73 and 76 respectively. As the last tournament of the fall season, the Saturday charge in the standings shows a resilient team ready for the spring season.

“Things are looking good for the team this spring,” said Coach Self. “We will be playing District at Bridlewood in March. Then the top two teams and individuals advance to Regionals in Lubbock.”

A team packed with talent and a good fall season bode well for the Jags attempt at a state title in the spring 2012.